Audio/Visual System Design and Installation Services
In addition to designing and maintaining the audio/visual systems in 250 general classrooms on campus, our A/V installations group provides audio/visual room design, integration, and A/V equipment installation services for all other UF facilities. Contact Lon Vance at 352-273-1874 for more information or to arrange for a quote.
Equipment Maintenance and Support Agreements
In addition to design and installation of audio/visual systems, we provide maintenance and repair service for those installations. The annual A/V maintenance and support agreement is available for $800(A/V only) or $1000(A/V PC support)
- Preventative maintenance visit by technicians to clean filters, make any adjustments, and check operation and cables.
- Support for instructional use of projection equipment at the same priority as general classrooms are supported.
- Spare projectors and bulbs will be stocked by Classroom Support for same-day emergency replacement as necessary.
- Coordination for any needed equipment repair. Customer will be billed for the direct cost of any projector repairs or replacement bulbs.
- If opting for PC support agreement a dedicated installed computer(Classroom standard PC) in the supported room we will be managed for hardware/software, repair, and re-imaging of the instructor computer to the same standard as any other supported classroom.
Projector owners who elect not to enter into a Maintenance and Support Agreement may request service calls from UFIT technicians at $65 per incident plus $65/hr. for any additional technician time and all parts and repair labor costs.loaner equipment is not provided while equipment is awaiting repair for owners without a Maintenance and Support Agreement, and will not maintain spare projectors or bulbs for such equipment. Owners without Maintenance and Support Agreements will be responsible for maintaining their own spares.
Contact Rick Goodnight at 352-392-0371 for more information, to set up a Maintenance and Support Agreement, or to arrange for repair. Owners with a Maintenance and Support Agreement should call the regular Classroom Support helpline at 352-392-6683, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://my.it.ufl.edu/CherwellPortal/UFITServicePortal for assistance.